Disputes with Friends or Neighbors

If you have a dispute with a neighbor, friend, roommate, family member, or even a business, the Department of Consumer Affairs can help. The Department of Consumer Affairs Dispute Settlement Service can help you settle your dispute without going to court. In mediation, a neutral third party helps you resolve your dispute. Participation is voluntary, so both sides must agree to mediation to begin the process.